Re: NV dual monitor setup ...crashing.. no more.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 03:22:32PM +0100, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> (...)
> > To me what's interesting is: Both the command and the LeftOf directive in
> > the xorg.conf should use the RandR1.2 interface to setup the screens. One
>
> I'm not sure about that.  The server reads the xorg.conf, but RandR is a
> client/server interface.

Well, the server dies in xf86RandR12Init() (see initial post) when started with
two monitors on two cards, that's where my guess comes from. The nv driver
maintainer also said "I'm just using plain randr initialization" so that
reinforced my guess (in my mind).

> Maybe there are some -D still missing here and there on the server.

-D ?

-Martin