Re: xorg 1.4.90 (and onwards) and xkb / ddc problem and X/ssh also

Tobias,

Did you rebuild xf86-input-keyboard and xf86-input-mouse after
updating? I think that is required. Where does xkbdload come from?

Oops. I meant setxkbmap.

Section "InputDevice"
 Identifier "Keyboard0"
 Driver     "kbd"
 Option     "XkbRules"  "xorg"
 Option     "XkbModel"  "pc105"
 Option     "XkbLayout" "azerty" # or "fr"
EndSection

Yes, I tried this and some other combination, to no avail. I ended up with a QWERTY unusable keyboard (that's no offense to QWERTY users, but, in my editorial work, I really nead all diacritics!). Finally I was able to get something usable, but don't ask me how. ;)

I think this is a known problem. Simply adding a ModeLine directive
makes the server spin at 100% CPU. You may be able to add and enable the
mode at runtime with xrandr(1), though. (It worked for me.)
Also xf86-video-intel-2.3.0 might solve the DDC issue.

Ok, thanks for the hint.

Last strange thing. I am no more able to use X11 forwarding thru ssh. I always get the following error:

The error was 'BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 1 error_code 9 request_code 55 minor_code 0)

If I change the DISPLAY variable to remote_host:0.0, that is to say not to use the ssh tunnel, everything is fine.

Go figure ;)
Thanks once more.
Vincent