xf86-video-intel 2.2, DRM, 82G33

Hi again,
thanks for your quick and kind answers.

I modified the sources according to Yorick's patches (well, I had to do a part of it myself, the code seems to have changed since when the patch was posted, so part of it fails). To no avail: I'm still getting stuck in a kernel lock — black screen, nothing to do, ACPI poweroff button does not work, so I had to reboot the hard way.

I'll try the previous version of xf86-video-intel, but I am not addicted to 3D, so if that does not work, I can wait a bit and carry out further tests.

BTW, is there any way to figure out what's going on before the system crashes?

Thanks a lot once again.
Vincent