xf86-video-intel 2.2 & DRM & i82G33 chipset

Hi there,

I am following up the previous thread on xf86-video-intel-2.2 and DRM. I have received at work a brand new Dell machine with a Nvidia NV50 PCI-Xpress graphic card that I unplugged today, since I could not achieve more than 2 fps of video with mplayer or xine (on a Core 2 duo machine!), the nv driver lacking Xv support and the nouveau driver "étant trop nouveau" to support NV50 chipset. After giving away the Nvidia card to some happy colleague, I got back the integrated chipset graphics driver, a 82G33, which works like a charm in 2D and with Xv. Performance must have increased by a factor of 100 at least.

So much with that. I am considering setting up the DRI. At present, I have just updated the PCI database, so I get a nice:

i915drm0 at vga1
info: [drm] Intel 82G33 (unit 0)
info: [drm] AGP at 0xd0000000 256MB
info: [drm] Initialized i915 1.5.0 20060119

But I am totally unsure what to do next, if there is anything to do. The DRI does not work, but I have not yet applied Yoris patches, so this is normal. A priori, is there anything to do beyond this?

Thanks
Vincent