cross builds of pkgsrc X for all NetBSD ports that supported X? and set date when to switchover to pkgsrc X

Has anyone setup or done cross-compiling of pkgsrc's modular X for all of
NetBSD's ports that currently support native X?

We should set a date (like July 2008) or pkgsrc quarter (2008Q2) or NetBSD
version (4.1 or 5.0) for when we make X11_TYPE=modular become the default.

Or maybe this can be done on a port-by-port basis.

The xsrc can still be available for those who need it -- until pkgsrc
completely replaces it.

By setting a date and switching to X11_TYPE=modular, many (maybe most)
of NetBSD X end-users will get more packages and some better driver
support -- and momentum and pressure will be on those needing to get code
specific from NetBSD xsrc to upstream and pkgsrc.

I will help do bug reports upstream and also commit code upstream if you
point me to the code and explain it.

Note that I already posted one list of every "xorg" change we had in
NetBSD source but I didn't get much feedback:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-x11/2007/11/09/0000.html

I also tried (maybe a couple years ago) to compare "monolithic" X.org, and
official XFree86, with our xsrc to find our customizations, but the diffs
were overwhelming :)

  Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. I try to use binary packages for everything -- but I have to build X
stuff from source since I choose to use modular.