Re: deleting telnet/telnetd

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 1:11 PM David Holland <dholland-tech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> If the conclusion is that we really need a telnet client (I myself
> really don't care if it's in base or not) then we should write a new
> one.

Or use an existing one?

PuTTY

  https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

claims to be a client implementation of Telnet.  I've never used it
for Telnet, and I've never looked at the source code, but as far as
code quality is concerned, I would expect it to be of high quality
based on other software written by Simon Tatham that I *have* looked
at the source code for and used.

Regards,

Lewis