Re: deleting telnet/telnetd

On Dec 19,  4:14pm, "J. Lewis Muir" wrote:
} Subject: Re: deleting telnet/telnetd
} On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 1:11 PM David Holland <dholland-tech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
} > If the conclusion is that we really need a telnet client (I myself
} > really don't care if it's in base or not) then we should write a new
} > one.
}
} Or use an existing one?
}
} PuTTY
}
}   https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
}
} claims to be a client implementation of Telnet.  I've never used it

     PuTTY comes with a built-in terminal emulator and GUI based
menus.  As far as I know, there is no way use it via a CLI.  If
somebody does know of one, please tell us.

}-- End of excerpt from "J. Lewis Muir"