Re: Shipping SSL certificates in the base system

tls%panix.com@localhost (Thor Lancelot Simon) writes:

>I believe the right solution to the real problem here is, and always has
>been, syspkg.  I think it's truly regrettable how we never finished the
>work and it basically bitrotted.  It's not clear to me how much effort
>would be required to

FreeBSD now tries a syspkg model that avoids some of its problems.

https://www.bsdcan.org/2015/schedule/events/563.en.html
https://wiki.freebsd.org/PkgBase

There was also a talk on AsiaBSDCon on how to do more granular
packaging of the NetBSD base system.

http://www.netbsd.org/gallery/presentations/yuuki/2017_AsiaBSDCon/basepkg.pdf

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost