Re: Changing disk image boot options without root privileges

> Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 13:48:30 +0300
> From: Andreas Gustafsson <gson%gson.org@localhost>
>
>   vnconfig vnd0 NetBSD-7.99.1-amd64-live-wd0root.img
>   installboot -e -o console=com0 /dev/vnd0a
>   vnconfig -u vnd0
>
> but the problem is that it requires root privileges, which the
> automated test infrastructure doesn't (and shouldn't) have.
>
> Is there a way to accomplish this without being root?  Maybe
> using rump?

Maybe something like this?

rump_allserver -d key=/dev/partition,hostpath=NetBSD-7.99.1-amd64-live-wd0root.img,disklabel=a unix://sock
RUMP_SERVER=unix://sock LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/librumphijack.so installboot -e -o console=com0 /rump/dev/partition
RUMP_SERVER=unix://sock rump.halt

May have to mess with the pathnames -- I always forget the rules for
how they get translated.  There's a slightly cheaper rump_server
incantation with an appropriate selection of modules, maybe just
-lrumpdev, but I don't remember what it has to be offhand.