Re: honor to join NetBSD community

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 06:11:28PM -0700, Charles Cui wrote:
> 1. I noticed that netbsd community use CVS for version control, I am
> familiar with git, and can learn CVS. Also I noticed that there are
> actually git repo at github which hosts the netbsd source code, and
> seems there is an automatic transfer when one pushes to
> CVS repo. I am wondering what's the prefer way to add code, CVS,
> git(send pull request to github) or patch.

Pull requests against the /jsonn/src tree (just like /jsonn/pkgsrc) are
very likely to be just ignored. As such, the normal way to contribute is
via patches.

One note of warning: due to the nature of the conversion process,
sometimes hickups occur and there is a forced commit to trunk or one of
the other branches, depending on when/what changed. This can be somewhat
painful to deal with, so be warned.

Joerg