Re: honor to join NetBSD community

Hi guys,

   Right now I can build a customized NetBSD kernel + userland from sources.
The document is pretty clear and I got it by following those steps.
However, in terms
of the working environments, I have 3 specific questions to ask.
1. I noticed that netbsd community use CVS for version control, I am
familiar with git,
and can learn CVS. Also I noticed that there are actually git repo at
github which hosts
the netbsd source code, and seems there is an automatic transfer when
one pushes to
CVS repo. I am wondering what's the prefer way to add code, CVS,
git(send pull request
to github) or patch.
2. How do you work in netbsd, do you use GUI (like xwindow, or gnome)?
If so, which
do you recommend? I installed Xwindows several times, but seems have
some problems.
3. What tools do you use to view kernel code? do you use IDE or just
vim(emacs)?
Actually, it is hard to look the code, jump to the declaration or
usages because netbsd
has a huge code base. I am looking for a way to work efficiently with
netbsd, your
best practices would be helpful.

Thanks, Charles