Re: Google summer code 2016 project ideas

On Mar 9,  7:16pm, charles.cui1984%gmail.com@localhost (Charles Cui) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: Google summer code 2016 project ideas

| --001a114012c2fc613a052da93eee
|
| Hi Christos and community,
|
| One question about cross compiling netbsd program on Linux.
| I found one post about building netbsd kernel on linux, (
| http://www.cambus.net/cross-building-netbsd-on-linux/)
| So, is there easy way to build user level programs instead of kernel?
| I have not dig into the building script, but my initial thought is to build
| the cross compiler first,
| if the cross compiler tool set contains gmake on netbsd, can I just build
| posix test suite by replacing the default make(the binary can
| then execute on netbsd)?

You can build everything using build.sh in /usr/src. This includes also
gmake which is built as a tool. Now to build the posix test suite on linux
targetting netbsd is more complicated because you have to use the NetBSD
toolchain so you need to add stuff to the Makefiles to do that. It is not
really useful, since you need NetBSD anyway to run the tests.

christos