Re: NetBSD volunteering (WiFi browser, NPF Web UI)

On Wednesday 04 Feb 2015 10:53:55 Roy Marples wrote:
> On 03/02/2015 22:33, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> > Greg Troxel wrote:
> >> "Andrei M." <lingvofactory%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
> >>
> >> Welcome - contributions are always appreciated.

> >> I would recommend that you look into the GUI configurators for dhcpcd,
> >> to avoid duplication.  What I would like to see is something really
> >> simple (command line) in base that will list access points nearby, and
> >> let you choose and type in a password, and make it work with
> >> wpa_supplicant (and join next time).  Basically the tell-once-remember
> >> behavior often found in guis, but CLI and simple enough to be in the
> >> base system.  Right now I find I have to edit /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.
> >
> > For the reference there is a work in progress:
> > http://roy.marples.name/projects/dhcpcd-ui/home
>
> Currently working on a curses interface to join dhcpcd-gtk and dhcpcd-qt.
> That has stalled a little bit but may pickup again in a few weeks.

I haven't had the time to progress this, but I did add the code for I have for
dhcpcd-curses to the dhcpcd-ui project
http://roy.marples.name/projects/dhcpcd-ui

Feel free to discuss ideas and ideally patches :)
Once it matures to a good state, we could import it into NetBSD and integrate
it with sysinst(8).

Roy