Re: gpt's -s parameter

On Nov 25,  8:42pm, Hauke Fath wrote:
} At 20:46 Uhr -0800 21.11.2013, John Nemeth wrote:
} >     As some people may have noticed, I've been working on fixing
} >up gpt(8) lately.
}
} I haven't, but: Thanks! I looked into supporting bootable RAID1 for gpt
} recently, but ran out of time before acquiring sufficient clue.
}
} On a related issue: Are you looking at gpt partition alignment (or planning
} to)? fdisk(8) and sysinst(8) align to 1 MiB now, given a big enough disk.
} ISTR gpt(8) doesn't do that yet?

     gpt(8) doesn't particularly concern itself with disk layout
or partition alignment.  That's for the user/caller to determine.
However, the "add" subcommand does take a "-a <N>" option now which
will align the new partition to "<N>".  The new "resize" subcommand
also takes a "-a <N>" option which will make the partition a multiple
of "<N>".  If the start of the partition was already aligned, this
will keep it aligned.

}-- End of excerpt from Hauke Fath