Re: constant-time comparison and guaranteed zeroing bikeshed

(I am still not subscribed to this list, so please cc me in replies.)

   Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 23:33:35 +0000
   From: Taylor R Campbell <riastradh%NetBSD.org@localhost>

   3. Use consttime_memequal/explicit_memset in userland and kernel,
   expose them as a public part of libc, and keep the man pages in
   section 3.  This would presumably require the rigamarole of making the
   libc symbols weak with internal namespacing wotsits.

FYI, last month I committed the changes for this option but forgot to
send a note to tech-userlevel@.  (I also fixed the sense of the return
value of consttime_memequal so that true means equal and false/zero
means not equal.)  So anyone who wants to start politicking these to
the other BSDs or to the Austin group should go for it!