Re: CVS commit: src/bin/hostname

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013, Roy Marples wrote:
 [new options to hostname(1)]
I think they belong in hostname(1) because it now allows you to see how others view your hostname depending on network parameters.

There seems to be a lot who disagree with me and frankly I don't want to spend more time bike shedding than working. I've spend more time reading this whole thread than actually writing the code I did for this change.

New features that are likely to be controversial should be discussed before being implemented. Even after implementing the changes, you still have not seen fit to esplain what the new options are supposed to be used for, under what circumstances they might be useful, what problem they are intended to solve, or even what their semantics are.

So if someone doesn't like it with a CVS commit bit, feel free to rip it out and I'll keep my changes local.

Since you are not even willing to explain why you made the changes, I think thay should immediately be reverted.

--apb (Alan Barrett)