Re: CVS commit: src/bin/hostname

> ps: all those new args to hostname(1) should be removed, they have
> nothing whatever do do with hostnames, aside from possibly -f, which
> is what hostname (absent -s) should always display.   What's more
> they should be removed very soon, before anyone can possibly start to
> reply upon them.

In case anyone cares, I quite agree with kre here.  Most of that stuff
has no business in hostname(1); those things belong in other tools.  I
haven't thought enough to suggest specific examples, but I'd hazard a
guess that netstat, ifconfig, and some (possibly new) DNS tool would be
reasonable places to consider.  "Do one thing well."

\ / Ribbon Campaign