Re: 16bit ctype table

hi,

> Hi all,
> any objection to the attached patch? It extends the ctype table to 16bit
> and proper masks for the various types. ABI compatibility is preserved.

the patch is very similar to the one i posted tech-userlevel few years ago.
then you have objection, what makes change your mind? ;)

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-userlevel/2011/03/21/msg004737.html

anyway, your patch missing 2 point.

1. don't rename _ctype2_ -> _ctype_ table by hand.
use __LIBC12_SOURCE__ macro or other trick on src/libc/compat/*/Makefile
to provide libc.so.{12,13} from same source tree.

look carefuly my old patch, i set _COMPAT_BSDCTYPE trick on
src/libc/compat/locale/Makefile for it.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/tnozaki/patch-insufficient_ctype_bits

2. _CTYPE_* macro should be similar to _RUNETYPE_*.
once you agreed, aren't you?
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-userlevel/2011/03/21/msg004738.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-userlevel/2011/03/22/msg004755.html

my old patch, relation of _CTYPE_* and _RUNETYPE_* is:

    (_CTYPE_A << 8) == _RUNETYPE_A

we already lost it by adding _CTYPE prefix done by you
there is no need to consider legacy.

very truly yours.
--
Takehiko NOZAKI<takehiko.nozaki%gmail.com@localhost>