Re: Proposal: _ctype_ table bitwidth change

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 03:50:24AM +0900, Takehiko NOZAKI wrote:
> i wrote patch to increase _ctype_ table bit to 16bit, patch is here.
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/tnozaki/patch-insufficient_ctype_bits

As I wrote earlier, IMO the correct approach is to make the rune table
the public interface. Drop the current _CTYPE_* macros for anything but
legacy purposes. Drop them completely after the next major bump.
chrtbl is dead already and I plan to remove the rest of the libc code
soonish, it just complicated this without any real gain.

Joerg