Re: Changing behaviour of checkyesno (rc.subr)

hubertf proposed to also include a comment *why* this change would be useful.

Currently, you cannot see whether a variable is set or not *and* they produce
warnings for unset variables that are expected to be set (in /etc/defaults).

The initial argument was this thread:
And I think he's right with the assumption that you should be able to switch
this warning off without activating the option.
This was also filed as misc/46757:

Though this could be fixed by his patch, I would want a discussion about what
way is preferred: Should rc (or daily/weekly/monthly) scripts directly check
the value of "boolean" variables or not?

Regards, Julian