Re: fscd - service check daemon [was: "rcutil" - a script to monitor status of daemons started in rc.d]

Hi,

> > To use it, you:
> >  * copy the service script into a directory in fscd's PATH.
>
> Are the service scripts the exact same scripts used in rc.d?
> If not, can they be?
this is not a collection of scripts, but a single script called `service`. It
provides a generic way of using rc files, you don't have to parse your
rc.conf or the scripts for certain actions (e.g. if you have more than one rc
directory).

> If not, I do not think this should be imported into NetBSD.
I'm preparing a pkgsrc package.

Regards, Julian