Re: default skel files (Re: PAGER=less)

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 08:04:39PM +0000, David Holland wrote:

> As for rm -i, probably it shouldn't be provided even commented out;
> however, it's common enough that it would be more useful to include it
> along with a rant about why it's dangerous.

I once used a sytem that always asked for confirmation for (the equiv
of) rm.
It gives you a false sense of security, because you type 'Y' even as
you read the filename and realise it is the wrong one.

Really 'rm -i' should be reserved for cases where you want to delete
some of the files.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost