Re: Proposal for write(1) addition

    Date:        Sat, 17 Sep 2011 13:41:32 +0200
    From:        Julian Fagir <gnrp%komkon2.de@localhost>

  | But that's exactly the case without the patch: The most recent utmp-recorded
  | terminal will be used - and in most cases, that's the one which started the
  | tmux/screen session, thus writing *always* to your very current terminal.

I don't use tmux, I use xterms (or sometimes otherterms of a similar nature).
I just don't want you to change write in a way that would make it behave
in a disgusting way, just to make it seem nicer for tmux users.

  | Does the ssh client have an option for that, or is it the sshd?

Depends what command you run via ssh, if you just let it default to run
your login shell, you get a utmp entry, if you have it run some other
command, say xterm, (and you don't give -t) then you dpn't get a utmp
entry (unless you have xterm make it for you).

kre