Re: Making powerd=YES default

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 17:11:26 +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
On 25 July 2011 14:52, Marc Balmer <mbalmer%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
(The OpenBSD installer asks such questions during install, you might
want to check that one to see what I mean.)

It might almost be worth having a screen with a list of all the common
settings and let the user toggle them on and off (or set values),
similar to which sets are installed. That way someone can just accept
the defaults without having to answer half a dozen questions, plus
someone who wants to set specific items doesn't have to risk the
y,y,y,y, damn, missed the one I wanted to set

eg:

A) root shell          /bin/ksh
B) Enable ssh        YES
C) Enable powerd YES
D) ...

A bit out of scope of my original question, he?

sysinst will need a major overhaul anyway, as there are many features people would you like to see in it (automated installs, configuration files, third parties pkg installs, etc.). And this fits in.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost