Re: Moving rc.d scripts to base.tgz

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 11:32 AM,  <markucz%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>> I don't follow you here.  The scripts I am referring to are not supposed to
>> be modified by end users.
> I still can't understand what makes you believe so. Would you elaborate on
> that?
>
>> They are scripts whose behavior is (or should be) tunable from configuration
>> files.
> OK, I agree here. However, what way do you propose to change the order of
> execution of rc.d scripts? I believe veriexec should be run right after fsck,
> but at present it REQUIREs mountall, which in turn REQUIREs ypbind and named.
> named is one of them things I want checked _before_ they are run.

Depends.  Is this a bug that you think should be addressed?  (I have
never had the need to change the default ordering of the execution of
these scripts, but my needs haven't been extraordinary... so I don't
know.)  If it is a bug, then it should be fixed and not worked-around
by users changing the scripts.

If there is a legitimate need for users to change the ordering as part
of configuration, I think a simple approach would be to add a new flag
to rcorder to override particular dependencies explicitly (e.g. -d
veriexec,ypbind -d veriexec,named).  Couple this flag with a new
rc.conf configuration variable and you are all set!

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv