Re: Autoconfiguring root device and fstab(5) (wedges?)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
I am not sure if this will help you, but there's a magic string, "from_mount", which can be used in the first field of the fstab entry

Yep; just tested it though, and fsck complains that it can't stat ``from_mount'', reason is... obvious.

Can't we move the logic from mount(8) to getfsent(3) internal?

It should be easy enough to teach fsck(8) to handle fs_spec="from_mount". I am not keen on moving the logic to getfsent(3), because that's just a file parser, independent of system state.

--apb (Alan Barrett)