Re: GSoC Project: Replacement for Apropos

Hi again,

I am all set with NetBSD ready for work.

Now, I was thinking that I will be needing some way to parse the man
pages, and as mentioned on the project description page that mandoc
utility can be used for doing that.

I don't seem to have mandoc available on my system. I checked out the
man documents in /usr/share/man/ , they are in mdoc syntax (I guess) ,
so I think they have to be parsed and then stored in the database.

How do I install mandoc ? Also , is there a way to query which
packages are available for installing ?

I mean I naively tried "pkg_add -v mandoc"  and it failed :). If I
could query the available packages database I could know, which
package contains mandoc.

Thanks
Abhinav