Re: GSoC Project: Replacement for Apropos

Hi,

Thanks for the pointers regarding the build tools used and the coding
guidelines.  I will be using C for creating this utility, so that's no
concern.

I have installed NetBSD on my hard disk as well as on QEMU with Linux
as the host OS. I am currently trying to play and configure the
development environment inside qemu, so that I can repeat the same on
the actual installation of netbsd and switch to it permanently, as for
some strange reasons I am not able to make my system dual boot.

I installed gnome ,  I ran gdm on the terminal, it started gnome, but
after logging in it gave an error, and went back to the terminal.

Rather than troubling you with the problem, I want to know how do you
guys do development usually ? What desktop environment you use and are
there any documentation for this ?

Thanks & Regards
Abhinav Upadhyay