Re: Heads up: tmux imported into src

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 12:34:51PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:

> > No.  Sorry, I wasn't clear.  When I re-attach to tmux, I want for the
> > tmux sessions to start speaking to the key agent or X11 connection
> > that I re-attached with.  Might require that tmux proxy the
> > connections.
>
> Strictly speaking, in each case it depends on the implementation.  But
> X is significantly more standardized in these respects than ssh agent
> access.  To that extent, tmux would have to proxy X; while it's less
> clear for ssh agents, I have trouble thinking of any way of
> implementing it that (a) is reasonably portable across Unix variants
> and (b) would support tmux not proxying.

Given that it's all on the local host, you could just have tmux
set the SSH agent socket to be a symlink and optionally repoint it
upon new attaches.  Or a similar trick that doesn't require proxying.
Same sort of thing works for forwarded Kerberos creds, just remember
where tmux is looking for them and copy them into place when you
connect.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://Imrryr.ORG/~elric/