Re: Removing /usr/share/misc/operator? or operator(7)?

> The information in the file usually found in /usr/share/misc/operator
> is duplicated in the operator(7) manual page.

> Either form could be removed.

I'd be more concerned about correcting them.

In particular, associativity is not a concept that really makes sense
for unary operators, and the closest thing that is relevant for unary
operators - which ones bind tighter - is not resolved by that
information.  (When they're all prefix or all postfix, there's no
ambiguity, but C has both - does -foo++ mean -(foo++) or (-foo)++?)

> So what do you think?

I don't much care, but if I had to make the call, I'd leave both of
them in the installed system but make sure to generate them from the
same source file, making it harder for them to get out of sync.

\ / Ribbon Campaign