Re: [HEADS-UP] growfs port for ffs2 and ffs1

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 07:50:54AM +0200, Adam Hamsik wrote:

> Are you going to do them, because otherwise it doesn't matter how hard
> it's it will never be done last commit was done to resize_ffs in 2007!!
> and it was some white space fix. No one cares about this tool and truly
> said it's not even used.

1) Please limit your line length to 80 columns when posting to NetBSD
   mailing lists, no matter how upset you are.

2) I care about this tool, and, actually, we've used it several times
   to shrink filesystems when rearranging the disk layout on TNF's own
   servers.

3) It doesn't seem to me that yelling at people that their concerns are
   unimportant is an appropriate style of technical discourse.  You want
   a tool like resize_ffs or growfs in the tree, but one that can handle
   ffs2 filesystems.  You've done some work on growfs.  Another developer
   had similar needs and wrote resize_ffs.  Why is your work more important
   than his?  Why is the attribute you desire for this tool very important,
   but the ones other people desire unimportant to the point that they
   "can't be considered"?  That is just rude and disrespectful to your
   peers.

Thor