Re: mounting wedges by name

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:02:32AM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:
> This seems like an hack around a devfs sized hole in the system.
> It will generate more compatibility baggage.  The file system is good
> for naming things, so I struggle to see why we need yet another way of
> naming things.

The filesystem is a good way to name things, and devfs is a desirable
feature, I agree.  With or without a devfs, though, we need to have a
discussion about match criteria for volumes.  It seems to me that the
match criteria have come under discussion here.  Names won't suffice to
match every volume.

David Young             OJC Technologies      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933