Re: proposal: inetd improvements.

On 2 Jun 2010, at 03:16 , elric%imrryr.org@localhost wrote:
>       4.  % should be defined as an address type and it should expand
>           into a list of IP addresses which is periodically regenerated
>           by iterating over the interfaces,

I'm curious what the purpose of this is?  The reason I'm asking is that
doing this can just really, really suck on routers which have large
interface configurations (I've seen them with a number of interfaces
configured which overflowed a 16 bit interface index).

Since this may introduce a scaling issue in some (admittedly far corner
case) applications it might be better to avoid it by instead fixing the
thing that makes you want to do that, even if you don't care about
the corner case.

Dennis Ferguson