Re: proplist

On 04/18/10 05:31, Greg A. Woods wrote:
I still don't mind S-expressions for configuration items and I don't see
any real reason why they should disgust so many people other than
perhaps the poor attitudes they may have learned early in their
education.  S-expression readers are probably more robust than
proplib(3) readers while potentially being just as small and efficient
(eg. for kernel use).

Perhaps I-expressions are easier in some way, though in my experience
they are not in any way.

Adding fuel to the discussion: I don't think that any particular format will fit everybody's taste. Concerning I-expressions, I find them particularly difficult to "follow" when you are submitting diffs.

For example, diff -u on python scripts are sometimes a royal PITA (spaces vs tabs, different convention for indentation, the like), and it sometimes introduces bugs in code/file that are otherwise unexpected (like patching C code around one liner if () statements, without curly brackets).

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost