Re: proplist [was: Importing xmlgrep into base]

At Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:21:45 +0200, Adam Hoka <adam.hoka%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:
Subject: Re: proplist [was: Importing xmlgrep into base]

> Disclaimer: no offense meant, but this is a classic bikeshed here.

No, not exactly -- I think there are far more considerations at play
than pure aesthetics and personal preferences.

> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:47:26 -0400
> Matthew Mondor <mm_lists%pulsar-zone.net@localhost> wrote:
>
> > '(:plist (:version "1.0" :encoding "UTF-8")
> >   (:dict (("CFBundleGetInfoString" "Heimdal @VERSION@")
> >       ("CFBundleName" "Heimdal")
> >       ("CFBundleIdentifier" "org.h5l.heimdal.pkg")
> >       ("CFBundleShortVersionString" "1.0")
> >       ("IFPkgFlagAllowBackRev" t)
> >       ("IFPkgFlagAuthorizationAction" "RootAuthorization")
> >       ("IFPkgFlagDefaultLocation" "/")
> >       ("IFPkgFlagFollowLinks" t)
> >       ("IFPkgFlagIsRequired" t)
> >       ("IFPkgFlagOverwritePermissions" t)
> >       ("IFPkgFlagRelocatable" nil)
> >       ("IFPkgFlagRestartAction" "NoRestart")
> >       ("IFPkgFlagRootVolumeOnly" t)
> >       ("IFPkgFlagUpdateInstalledLanguages" nil)
> >       ("IFPkgFormatVersion" 0.10000000149011612))))
>
> Wow, this is actually uglier than XML.

Wow, you have very strange tastes Adam!  :-)

What do you think of I-expressions (or syntax which adheres to the
off-side rule, etc., such as Python)?

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.