Re: Supporting MDNS-SD in daemon programs

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:15:14 -0600
David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:

> Your additions ignored several important Service Discovery parameters,
> for example, inetd.conf could set neither a service name nor
> TXT record(s).  So-called "wide-area" advertisements were not
> possible---i.e., advertising in a different domain than .local.
The service name could be set indirectly through the service name in
services(5). But I see your point(s). My code was aimed to be a 90%
solution: Cover the most common cases in a convenient way. If someone
needs e.g. special TXT records he would have to do the MDNS-SD
advertisement manually by e.g. dns-sd(1). I can understand that such an
approach is not wanted.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen