Re: Supporting MDNS-SD in daemon programs

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 09:05:43AM +0100, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> Is MDNS-SD advertisement support in daemons wanted at all?

Yes.

> What was bad with my additions to inetd(8) in particular?

Your additions ignored several important Service Discovery parameters,
for example, inetd.conf could set neither a service name nor
TXT record(s).  So-called "wide-area" advertisements were not
possible---i.e., advertising in a different domain than .local.

I suggest coordinating the inetd(8) additions with Ty Sarna, who
originally identified most of the shortcomings I mention here.

Dave