Re: typedef int wchar_t;

Alexander Nasonov <> wrote:

> Yes, it's a builtin type and it worries me. Why does g++ compile
> it? Something's wrong but I don't know exactly what and why.
> PS g++ compiles this typedef only if it appears in a file in a
> system directory (-isystem option).

  /* If the user tries to redeclare bool or wchar_t (with, for
     example, in "typedef int wchar_t;") we remember that this is what
     happened.  In system headers, we ignore these declarations so
     that G++ can work with system headers that are not C++-safe.  */

SY, Uwe
--                       |       Zu Grunde kommen          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen