Re: Lua in NetBSD

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009, Antti Kantee wrote:

I want to see the same thing I've told you about 5 times now: implemented
and working applications.  Not an exhaustive set of applications anyone
could every implement, just some (preferably >1, since I hear they are
really easy to do).  I think this is a reasonable demand if someone asks
for objections to integration (and Marc's exact project descriptions are
"Adding Lua to NetBSD userland", "Adding Lua to the NetBSD kernel").

If someone asks "do you think it's a good idea to try out integrating Lua
to NetBSD", I will say "yes".  If someone asks "do I get an irrevocable
right to integrate Lua to NetBSD", I will say "show me the data from
your trials".

Er, what's the problem here? I'm just a user with a spare system running
current (along with several others running netbsd-5) and I thought you
guys just added things and deleted things from -current for
experimentations sake.

Since the core team that does not publish jack, AND I AM FORMALLY
COMPLAINING FOR THE FIFTH TIME, I'm not sure exactly what's going on.
(The last time someone complained about that you guys said no one
complains about core's opaqueness and I pointed out that I do all the
time.) For example Perry breaks stuff for me all the time. Why not add
lua and make it an option, an option that only I build and complain
about, sort of like how I build MKLINT and complain when it doesn't
build? (I'm not sure when and why I ever turned it on, but it's on and
it breaks builds about once a month lately.)

Anyway, there's my 2 cents because you guys have been arguing about this
for a while and, guess what?, other people actually notice.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost