Re: Lua as a scripting language in NetBSD

On Oct 18, 2009, at 8:23 AM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> It is even practical to embed Lua in the NetBSD kernel, probably even
> including the Lua JIT -- which offers considerable benefits for a number
> of interesting applications like stateful packet filters.

Yah, I started thinking about that once this discussion started.

I'm neutral-leaning-for inclusion of Lua, especially if an option to build it
into the kernel were available.  Seems like you could do some really
interesting stuff, including "safe" kernel modules, in addition to packet
filtering applications.

Hell, it might even be possible (or even USEFUL) to replace some of the
less-used / less-performance-critical bits of the kernel with Lua scripts...

-- thorpej