Re: Lua as a scripting language in NetBSD

> Finding one good ("best" is subjective, we shouldn't be seeking that)
> scripting language to include in base seems like it might have
> advantages, [...]

We've already got two or three good scripting languages in base (for
lots of use cases' values of "good"; there are use cases they're a poor
fit for, but that's true of any language).  Do we need more?

Why or why not?

I don't know Lua.  But, based on what's been said here, it sounds to me
like a solution looking for a problem in this context.  Even assuming
its touted attributes are real (eg, small libraryable runtime), do we
really have a need for such a thing?  I certainly don't recall anyone
wishing out loud that we had, for example, an embeddable programming
language with a small runtime.

\ / Ribbon Campaign