Re: terminfo implementation

Roy Marples wrote:
On Saturday 18 July 2009 16:06:58 Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 11:22:56AM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
Still 3x quicker ;)
Maybe this is because I just write one database whereas ncurses spits
out one per terminal?
ncurses has the option of writing to a hashed database rather than
to a directory-tree.

True. I'll try turning it on and re-test.

(NetBSD code tends to build only in NetBSD - I've not looked to see
if your code ports to other systems where I might measure it ;-)

These are the BSD only functions/macros I think I use

fgetln (I've recoded around getline(3) as NetBSD-current now has it)
strlcpy (this really should be in glibc)

The jenkins hash I use for fast string lookup uses these additional functions.

Other BSDisms such as errx are available in glibc.
Hi Roy,

If you have time would you be kind enough to test on OpenSolaris. It would benefit us if we could replace what we're currently using. If you need access to an OpenSolaris box just send me a private email and I can easily set that up.