Re: terminfo implementation

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 11:02:11AM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
> Does anyone have any ideas about merging this into the tree? I think we
> can add it as a new library and slowly move code over to using
> libterminfo instead of libtermcap, although this does mean mainting two
> different databases until completed as my libterminfo does not have any
> libtermcap capabilities.

I think there's been significant difference of opinion about whether this
is a desirable thing to add to the tree, and that it should not be added
unless we either achieve at least rough consensus, or core decides they
want it.

Thor Lancelot Simon
    "Even experienced UNIX users occasionally enter rm *.* at the UNIX
     prompt only to realize too late that they have removed the wrong
     segment of the directory structure." - Microsoft WSS whitepaper