Re: strtonum(3) from OpenBSD?

Salut,

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:29:56AM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> Returning an error *string* is so profoundly bogus I have trouble
> imagining that anyone with more than a few weeks' experience programming
> in C doesn't see why.

While I agree whole-heartedly, I think that you should calm down
slightly. ;-)

I think that we could really use the type of function you suggested
instead; for strtonum users, it should be easy to provide a
replacement function starting from our routine.

The question is the value again then, but it would at least be
valuable to NetBSD developments.

However, I wonder if we could get Drepper to make it a GNU extension
so everybody implements itâ

                                Tonnerre