Re: new nvi option: expandtab

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 7:35 PM, Luke Mewburn <> wrote:
> (I originally called it "expandtabs", then noticed that vim(1)
> has an "expandtab" option that sets similar behaviour.)
> thoughts?
is it needed to add bloat to the base system ? I mean, if someone
want's to expand tab or other fancy stuff, he can always install

The underlying question would be "Do we want nvi to concurrence vim(1)
feature-wise or do we want to keep something minimal, enough for
everyday administration task ?"

 - Arnaud