Re: Building FILES?

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> > Also, I think we need to research the reasons for the old behaviour
> > before changing it.
> If I understand correctly the only purpose of FILES:= at the end of file
> is to allow multiple inclusion of bsd.files.mk, as comment says.
> NetBSD's /usr/share/mk/bsd.files.mk uses the same approach
> as in proposed patch.

Oh, I think I see.  If I understand correctly, the comment about "This
file can be included multiple times" is not intended to mean "we have to
do something fancy to allow our caller to pass different lists of things
to do each time they include this file"; it's simply intended to mean
"we need to ensure that nothing happens the second time this file is
included".  If that's the case, then something a lot like tht patch in
PR 39715 would make sense.

--apb (Alan Barrett)