Re: Building FILES?

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> > Please could you give an example of how to use this.
>
> FILES=                        tralala
> FILESBUILD_tralala=   yes

Sorry, I still don't get it.  What will this actually do?
How do you tell it *how* to build the file?

Why use a bunch of variables all set to yes, instead of a single
variable with a list of file names?

Also, it's conventional to use ".", not "_", in the variable name:

        FILESBUILD.tralala = yes

> > didn't contain the documentation that should be added to bds.README.
> Yeah, well, when it becomes a feature.

New features that contain documentation are much easier to review.

--apb (Alan Barrett)