Re: New postfix vs. /var

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 07:28:46PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> >> /var/lib ?!  Why not use existing /var/db ?
> >Seconded.
>
> I can change it, but then we are going to be the only ones using
> it and this will not match the documentation for other systems.

Postfix has a reasonable maintainer (some might say, unlike SSH,
at least at times).  Perhaps we can persuade him to not create
this annoying new directory which clearly does not belong in
/var.

In any case this is a crappy reason to add a new top-level
directory to /var -- should we add /opt because some software
wants to live there by default?  How about /usr/xpg4? -- and
I really think you should remove it.

Thor