Re: New postfix vs. /var

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 07:28:46PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> >> /var/lib ?!  Why not use existing /var/db ?
> >Seconded.
> I can change it, but then we are going to be the only ones using
> it and this will not match the documentation for other systems.

Postfix has a reasonable maintainer (some might say, unlike SSH,
at least at times).  Perhaps we can persuade him to not create
this annoying new directory which clearly does not belong in

In any case this is a crappy reason to add a new top-level
directory to /var -- should we add /opt because some software
wants to live there by default?  How about /usr/xpg4? -- and
I really think you should remove it.