Re: bsdcpio and bsdtar installed by default

Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 10:25:37PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > I would like to go on and install bsdcpio and bsdtar by default.
> > This does not mean that /bin/tar will change to bsdtar for now, just
> > that both are present.
>
> I strongly object to re-bloating the system with two versions of tar.

So you object to bloat the system with BSD tar and cpio, but OK to do that
with bozohttpd? Interesting consistency. :)

Anyway, as I understand Joerg, intention is to replace GNU tar/cpio with BSD
ones in future, and include these now for wider testing purposes, is not it?

--
Best regards,
Mindaugas