Re: SoC: Improve syslogd

Jim Wise schrieb:
To be likewise honest, I don't think that fingerprints are the right level at which to do access control.

I am not totally convinced about them, but willing to give it a try.
At least it was not difficult to implement the necessary check. :)

I would much rather see access control set at the host level, and then certificates bound to hosts by one of two methods: a.) a trust chain (preferred) -- a syslog access config file points to b.) an explicit certificate (worse) -- the syslog config entry If both of these methods are supported, I think we can support large and small configs well.